Not only does your windshield keep you and your passengers safe from the elements and flying debris as you drive, but it also provides critical structural support to the rest of your car. While minor damages or chips in your windshield can usually be repaired, there are signs that indicate you should opt for a full replacement. When you notice any of these signs, call us at Freedom Glass Company to do the job!
1. Inspection renewal—Do you have a safety inspection coming up? If so, you need to make sure your windshield doesn't exhibit any signs of damage to pass.
2. Difficulty seeing the road—Windshield damage can inhibit your ability to drive safely, especially if the damage is directly within your sightline. For the sake of your safety, make sure you get your windshield replaced quickly if you have a hard time seeing the road or other drivers.
3. Scratches, chips, or cracks—If a crack, chip, or scratch in your windshield is more than an inch in diameter, you're probably going to be looking at replacement instead of just a repair.
4. Missing pieces—When you go too long without replacing your windshield, your car's frame weakens, which can end in sagging or alignment problems. Loss of any glass in your windshield also means the entire pane of glass is prone to shattering.
5. Internal glass damage—While external damage to your windshield, like cracks and chips, can be fixed, any internal damage to your windshield's glass means you're going to need to replace it.
6. White haze—Today, most windshields get treated with polyvinyl butyral (PVB) to keep the glass from breaking into shards in the event of a collision. If you can see a white haze around the edges of your windshield, the PBV has started to separate itself from the glass, which can put your safety at risk.
7. Pitting—Road salt, tiny rocks, gravel, and other types of flying debris can cause pitting on your windshield's surface. As these small pits accumulate, they can scatter reflected light across your windshield, making it difficult to see.
With over 40 years’ experience, the Freedom Glass Company are Mooresville’s locally owned glass repair experts, from home window replacement to auto glass repair.Freedom Glass Company
Contact us for a $20 discount on guaranteed quality glass replacement or repair
|Mooresville NC and surrounding areas|
When you make a purchase of $100 or more,... Read More